We recommend you allow the cookies we set by this website as they help us provide a better service and make our website easier to use.
If you do not want to receive cookies from this website, select cookie settings under the privacy settings in your browser options, then add our domain to the list of websites you do not want to accept cookies from.
If you set your browser to refuse all cookies, please be aware that some websites will not work in the way that you expect them to.
What is a cookie and how do we use them on our sites?
A cookie is a simple file of letters and numbers that is stored on your computer or mobile device by a website’s server and only that server will be able to retrieve or read the contents of that cookie. Each cookie is unique to your web browser. It allows a website to remember things like your preferences.
On some of our other websites cookies are used so that we can count the number of visitors we have to the website, and to record what pages they look at. These statistics are used to improve the content of the sites so that we are concentrating on what we know visitors want to look at. These cookies do not record any personal information about the visitor, but they are stored on your computer.
You can find out more about cookies by visiting the BBC website.
The cookies we use
These are the cookies we use on our site:
Type of Cookie: Persistent Cookie
How long it stays on your computer: One month from each time you visit the site
Type of Cookie: Session Cookie
How long it stays on your computer: At end of session
Removing cookies from your computer
It is possible for you to manually delete all the cookies from your computer. How you do this depends on which web browser you use. Below are brief details for the 3 most used web browsers, Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Firefox.
- From the menu bar, choose Tools > Internet Options
- From Browsing history choose Delete
- Make sure Cookies is checked and click the Delete button
- From the Menu bar choose Customise and Control(spanner icon) > Settings
- Select Show Advanced settings > Privacy > Clear browsing data
- make sure that Delete cookies and other site and plug-in datais ticked and then click Clear browsing data
- From the Menu Bar choose Tools > Options
- On the Privacy tab select remove individual cookies
- Click Remove all cookies